Saturday, April 17, 2010

First Blog of my life

I feel it is time for me to set down in writing my experiences from manhood, marriage and parenting.

In this effort I will try to clarify my new perspective in life I received in experiential training from SOS at Zac's Ridge.

I have read several masculine subject books over the years including excellent works by Robert Bly who wrote "Iron John" and "King, Warrior, Magician and Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine" by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette. I gleamed from over the years as I tried to understand manhood in the later twentieth and now twenty-first centuries. Nothing prepared me for experiential training that contained so much learning about myself that was denied to me as a child. Hundreds if not thousands of dollars spent on cognative behavior therapy, as I have spent, did not obtain any similar results as I received in one weekend of experiential training at Zac's Ridge.

More to follow in the coming days and weeks. I will elaborate on the training I receive and those who help me who are friends new and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment